To be, or not to be... myself

As I undertake life, geared up with my inadequacies, I search my soul in order to find myself.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Alone at my wedding...

A few nights I had a dream... It was one of the weirdest dreams I've had in a long time. I think it was the lack of sleep or something. I think I've been a little to stressed out about school, work, and all that jazz. Oh, and I think it might the fact that for the first time since September 1999, I've been single for over five months... I know it sounds stupid, but it's a big deal to me. I still haven't figured out how to live my life that way I guess. Or maybe it is the euphoria of this newfound freedom.

So a few nights ago, I had a dream that I was getting married. That's not the weird part. Hold on. The weird part was that the guy I intended to marry had no clue that we were getting married. How can I explain this?... I had sent invitations all over the place, my mom and I were preparing the whole thing, my dad was spending all this money on the dress, reception hall, and you name it, but I had purposely decided to leave the guy (I have no clue who he was) in the dark. In fact, I think the guy and I had never talked about getting married at all...

Bottom line is that on my wedding day, I got stood up at the altar, but I wasn't surprised about it. My parents were blue in the face and they wanted to kill the boy. My friends and all the guests we feeling sorry for me. I was all dressed up in my beautiful white dress, kind of looking stupid saying: "Well, I guess he just changed his mind."

That was weird...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home