To be, or not to be... myself

As I undertake life, geared up with my inadequacies, I search my soul in order to find myself.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

The Things We Do...

I don't really know why we do the things we do, or we say the things we say. What I know though, is that things happen for a reason. I'm not saying that I always know why certain things happen. I fact, most of the time, I am kept in the dark when it comes to the reasons why trials come my way.

However, sometimes, as I undertake the journey of my life, there comes a time, sometimes a fraction of a second, when an event occurs. It can be the tears of a friend or the conclusion of a chapter of my life. It can be the wise advise of my mother or the distress of a stranger? It can be the sight of a lilac tree or the sound of my favorite song. Something happens, and by some kind of mystical power, I am brought back to a crossroad I was faced with years or months before. I am recalled the decision made, the hardness of the decision process, and sometimes the pain of enduring the consequences. But at that same moment, in my actual present, the hard past is brought back with peace.

That's when the epiphany hits! That's when I understand the why of what I did! That's when the pain, the frustration, and the discouragement of a past that seems so distant, but so real at the same time, all make sense and fall perfectly into my present reality.

I don't always know why I do the things I do, but I know that as long as I am guided by the Right Power, the Power which leads the pilgrim on his quest to perfection, I will continue to have those epiphanies of why I did the things I did: some of the best moments of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home